Synchronicity… A philosophical concept first described by Carl Jung, a Swiss psychologist in the 1920’s it is a term that has had great meaning in my life lately. Funny in a way as it brings me back to the one who coined the term in a very unique way. I suppose it was meant to be in my education and evolution that I would be at this point in time sharing thoughts about synchronicity and some of my experiences with the concept.
. It is only natural that for my own personal evolution, Alchemy is a part of my path spiritually. It is quite a gift that my time spent in the blog world in reading so many great blogs has been a treasure of knowledge shared both from the writers and those that inspire them and the knowledge over the ages that they are aware of and in turn make the rest of us aware of. It is quite synchronistic that I started blogging to share my thoughts and become a better writer and in doing so have added exponentially to my own spiritual growth and evolution by becoming part of a community of writers of which many are on a path of spiritual growth and evolution as well. I learn from every writer something that helps me become a better human being than I was before I read what they shared! Thank you all for sharing!
I thought I would share a treasure and a piece of ancient knowledge that has influenced many and been quoted in part by many that perhaps are not even aware of where that quote came from. I had not even heard of the Emerald Tablet yet have many times heard the quote; “That which is below is like that which is above & that which is above is like that which is below” I had the belief that was a quote from the Bible.. You learn something new every day. I also learned that Carl Jung was believed to have fallen asleep on the Emerald Tablet and even more interestingly Sir Isaac Newton translated it and studied it in depth. Isaac Newton was also one of the most known Alchemists of all time another intriguing fact I was unaware of until I read about the Emerald Tablet. It is his translation I choose to share the excerpt I share is from Wikipedia.
A translation by Isaac Newton is found among his alchemical papers that are currently housed in King’s College Library, Cambridge University.
1. Tis true without lying, certain & most true.
2. That which is below is like that which is above & that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing
3. And as all things have been & arose from one by the mediation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
4. The Sun is its father, the moon its mother, the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth is its nurse.
5. The father of all perfection in the whole world is here.
6. Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
7. Separate thou the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross sweetly with great industry.
8. It ascends from the earth to the heaven & again it descends to the earth & receives the force of things superior & inferior.
9. By this means you shall have the glory of the whole world
10. & thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
11. Its force is above all force. For it vanquishes every subtle thing & penetrates every solid thing.
12. So was the world created.
13. From this are & do come admirable adaptations whereof the means (or process) is here in this. Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world
14. That which I have said of the operation of the Sun is accomplished & ended.
- Meditation and Alchemy are two subjects I have a great interest in on a spiritual level, embracing both Eastern and Western Philosophies It was a gift to go off the grid for a few days and sit in nature and just be with the natural world and contemplate as well as meditate after having learned about and read this piece of mystical writing shared with me through the world of blogging!
I thank you for allowing me to share a thought or two and thank you all for being you and sharing the thoughts and love you share in doing so! Thank you as well for being the positive change our world so needs as you share your smiles and share your love making it a better world for all we share it with!
Namaste! bows head and smiles deeply!